Engage your students in geography by learning about the world around them with this fun country research project about South Africa. Your students will create an 18-page mini book all about South Africa. They will read the included reading material about South Africa and use that, together with other books or online resources, to complete each page in their own South African country study booklet.
This pack is designed for students in grades 3-5.
Your students will complete the following tasks about South Africa:
- Identify South Africa on a world map
- Label the major South African cities
- Develop general knowledge of South African facts
- Learn about the origins and look of the South African flag
- Learn about common foods in South Africa
- Investigate native animals to South Africa
- Explore popular South African sports
- Identify significant landmarks in South Africa
- Learn some common South African phrases/expressions
- Identify traditional South African clothing
- Research a famous South African person
- Compare and contrast South Africa with another country by completing a Venn diagram
- Research significant historical events that occurred in South Africa
- Research significant dates/celebrations in South Africa
This country study also includes 5 reading pages that students can use as part of their research.
This pack includes:
- 18-Page student mini-book
- 5 Reading pages
- Teacher notes that explain assembly and provide teaching tips
- Visual assembly guide with color photos
Please check out the preview images to see what’s included in this pack, and contact me before purchasing if you have any questions. This resource is designed as a research project – students will be required to conduct some research to complete all pages in the student mini-book. This research may include library books or websites.
Please note: This is a digital download. Physical products will not be delivered. After purchase, you will be provided with a link to download your purchase/s. You will also receive an email with your download link; you can also download your purchases via the “My Account” link. If you do not receive this email within an hour of your purchase, please contact me.
Thanks so much!
There are no reviews yet.